Are you a blogger or marketer? Maybe you are just starting your SEO journey? Whatever your situation may be, you often hear more about backlinks. However, what are backlinks, and how essential are they to the success of your business? Should you buy quality backlinks as well?
All the answers to those questions will be answered in this ultimate guide on how to buy backlinks.
Just remember that creating natural links takes a combination of effort, time, enthusiastic partners, and high-quality content. If you are not good at it, growth will be a slow and painful process at the same time.
It is no wonder that top SEOs prefer to buy backlinks. That’s because buying backlinks is a common practice. Nonetheless, even the critics do not deny that it truly works. Have you ever thought if those SEOs make it work using insider connections or black hats?
In this guide, we will give you the answers you need. We will cover the reason why people prefer buying backlinks, how Google feels about those, and whether they could present a good ROI for the cost.
What are Backlinks?
Often called inbound links or backlinks, these are HTML hyperlinks that direct online visitors from one website to another site. When somebody links to another website, Google sees that as a form of vote of confidence in your website and content.
That’s especially true for new websites. Backlinks are essential for these sites, as they are the only way Google knows that your site is dependable and trusted enough to send searchers to.
Keep in mind that the best links are from websites that are in the same niche or industry as you. When a website like that chooses a link to your content, it sends a signal to Google that your content is worth being suggested.
You see, creating backlinks is an important part of any good SEO strategy.
Why Do People Buy Backlinks?
The reason people buy backlinks because they are determined that the price of building the links on their own is higher than the cost of paying somebody else to do it for them.
Those links could also give SEO more personalized control over the anchor text and whether they receive no-follow links. On top of that, the advantages of buying backlinks versus traditional link building could get more potent than that.
The Pros of Buying Backlinks
The advantages of buying backlinks than link building is that you could save a huge amount of time, open doors to great opportunities, and save costs on staffing as well.
- Buying backlinks opens doors for more opportunity
Your list of target links possibly includes the same websites that other SEOs have reached out to in your niche. Simply put, the more competitive your niche, the more overwhelmed the inboxes of the best websites will be.
You should do something to completely stand out, and doing a cash-off might be the only way to achieve it. Offering to purchase links from those websites makes your request considered. In most cases, it moves you to the front line, too.
It can be extremely difficult to know how to get backlinks in those niches, especially if you do not provide cash for links.
- It saves costs on staffing
Doing outreach to free link opportunities can need many employees to do outreach, constant monitoring, and organization. You may also require subscriptions to link-building tools to get the entire process moving at any speed.
Are you doing guest post link building? Then you’ll need to create high-value content, which may need subject matter experts, writers, and graphic artists.
On the other hand, most sites selling links prefer to make the content themselves and add it to the overall cost.
- It saves a huge amount of time
Keep in mind that outreach is a huge time sink. It requires you to research a broad set of websites, make custom outreach emails, and then deal with those conversations. It could take several weeks for websites to reply to your outreach and more weeks for them to follow up on every part of the conversation.
The good thing about paid link building is that it can take time, but the people managing paid sites are motivated to respond and process orders faster. That’s how they paid their bills.
Considering the advantages, you may find it difficult to perceive why other SEOs are anxious about paid links.
How to Buy Backlinks?
Keep in mind that buying backlinks is against the Webmaster Guidelines of Google. Once you are caught, you will get a penalty that will extremely ruin your rankings. However, it could possibly help you handle your SEO easier and faster. Don’t forget that SEO is a long game, and often people just like to skip ahead.
Here are the important steps you can do on how to buy backlinks for my website:
- Determine the number of backlinks you will need for your website. The ideal way to do that is to use an SEO marketing tool.
- Do a link-gap analysis. Make sure you look at the profiles of your five top competitors and see how many links are at every level of Domain Rating. You can then compare your website against the domain level of your competitor.
- After you have done this, you can map out and optimize your anchor text. Take note that getting that wrong can cause failure to rank or penalty.
- Create your drip dates. That is the time when you should be giving new links to your website. That’s essential, as buying links in bulk is more unreliable than buying individual links on a regular basis. The general rule here is to randomize your times and dates.
- Finally, ensure the links you are buying are of the highest quality. Or else they could do more harm than good.
What Kinds of Backlinks are High Quality?
Here are some of the best types of high-quality backlinks that you should use.
- Free tool links – A free tool could be a basic tool or a scaled-down version of a paid tool. If they are useful enough, others will link to them in their content. You can also add CTAs to free versions of paid tools to sign up for the full product or service that drives acquisition apart from awareness.
- Webinar links – Making a valuable resource on your website supports other websites to link back to it. A quality content that often results in links is a webinar recording. Other websites often link to it or even embed other brands’ webinars on their website, leading to both brand mentions and links.
- Guest blogging backlinks – Further, guest posting is another excellent way to get relevant backlinks. If you submit a guest post to a site, you can add an editorial backlink to your content. Such backlinks are dependable to establish authority and trust through other prominent publications.
- Business profile backlinks – When you make an online profile for a business, you can add a link back to your site. Such links on social media networks, business listings, and industry-specific directories show Google that a site is high-quality and well-established.
- Editorial backlinks – Did you know that the perfect type of link in SEO comes from editorial mentions? In case you didn’t know yet, an editorial mention occurs when another site refers and links to your site in a piece of good content.
Are PBN Backlinks Bad?
Private blog network (PBN) backlinks are hyperlinks made from connected blogs and sites. Those are owned by the same people, who use them all to make links to their money websites. They also can sell PBN links to other site owners for additional profit.
You should take note that PBN backlinks are somewhat shady. That is because that backlinking strategy is considered spammy by Google. In Google’s eyes, the people running the PBN should buy expired domains with existing authority.
Creating links from a new domain without authority won’t have any impact on organic search rankings and won’t be valuable from an SEO perspective. Why would you pay for a backlink on a site that has no authority?
Further, the PBN owner should buy domains with high domain authority and ensure it has a clean link profile or trust score. That indicates that domains cannot have any spammy links directing back to them.
Now that PBN owners have bought the domains with high authority, they should start making blogs on each domain. They will typically target numerous industries and write general content that’s not specific or technical. That helps them attract more people from different backgrounds, so they don’t need to turn anyone away and make as much money as possible.
How to Remove Bad Backlinks?
What makes a backlink bad? Those websites are regarded as bad links as they do not comply with Google’s Webmaster guidelines. To find those backlinks from your profile, you should use SEO tools.
Once you find those shady backlinks, you must list URLs and collate them for the Google disavow tool. After you disavow from the link, there is no way to get it back unless you build that back. That’s why it’s essential to determine which links to eliminate and which to retain. After all, you do not like to remove a quality backlink from your link profile.
Here are the ways to remove bad backlinks from your site.
- Locate the bad backlink’s origin
It’s essential to determine the domains for those shady links on your website. Using a good tool, you can find the domain of the backlink, too. You can assess the site and see for yourself if it poses risks to your SEO. After confirming that those backlinks are dangerous to your website, make sure you list them down and proceed to the next step.
- Find the contact details of the website
It’s the simplest part to eliminate bad backlinks from your site. All you must do is look for a way to contact the spammy backlink’s owner. From there, you can discuss with the webmaster to voice out your concerns.
After you find the contact details, you can humbly ask them to delete the backlink you have from them. You could proceed to the next step.
- Humbly ask to delete the backlink
Talk to the site owner and inform them of the scenario at hand. It is a give-and-take matter at this stage, so you do not have to be shy about it. Make sure you approach them kindly and inform them that you have noticed that the backlink from one of their web pages is broken upon during your site assessment.
That’s a win for them, as they will be alerted of a broken page. If they could fix it right away, you would have no issue with the broken backlink. If they cannot, you should ask them to eliminate the backlink to your site.
- Make a disavow file to send to Google
To disavow links to your website, you should make a .txt file of the backlinks you prefer to delete. You can do that by making a list from Sitechecker and Monitor Backlinks tools.
Go and visit Google disavow tool and upload the list on the tool. Take note that the disavow file must be in UTF-8 or 7-bit ASCII format to be available to the tool. You can then wait for Google to reply to your request.
It will take some time before you can receive a reply from Google to your request. If those links get disavowed, Google won’t consider such links ranking your site.
Final Thoughts: Should You Buy Backlinks?
Is it worth buying backlinks for your website? You are either trading content, money, or time. Thus, getting backlinks comes with well-understood risks, but there are scenarios where the benefits tend to outweigh such risks.
We hope you find this guide on how to buy backlinks informative and useful at the same time. Good luck with your endeavor!
Visit our Backlink Plans & Pricing page for details.